Skip to content
- 1. How do you pronounce the name?
- It is pronounced KO-Tone Dih TOO-Lay-ARE
- 2. How long does the Coton live?
- Life expectancy for a Coton is in the mid to late teens.
- 3. Do they bark a lot?
- The Coton is not noted for being a “yappy” dog. However, they are excellent “alarm” dogs, raising the alarm when they hear or see something out of the ordinary.
- 4. Is their coat easy to care for?
- The Coton requires a thorough brushing a few times a week, however, this is a task that is easily accomplished when you are relaxing in the evening. Many people find that this time becomes a period of quiet communication and “bonding” with their Coton.
- 5. Are they good with children?
- The Coton is an excellent family companion, however, like all small breeds, it is up to the adults in the family to make certain the children treat the dog in a humane manner and that the children are taught how to properly hold and carry the dogs. Many Cotons become the shadow of “their” children.